Explanation on the cookies used
Websites use smart and useful techniques to enhance user-friendliness and to make the site as interesting as possible for each visitor. One of the best known techniques involves cookies. Cookies can be used by website owners or third parties – like advertisers – who communicate through the website you visit.
Using cookies is safe. It is impossible to retrace personal information such as phone numbers or e-mail addresses by using cookies. They are, thus, unsuitable for direct marketing techniques like telemarketing and spam.
We feel it is essential for you to be informed about the cookies that our website uses and for what purpose they are used. The purpose is threefold: we want to guarantee your privacy, the user friendliness, and the financing of our website as best as we can. The following explanation tells you more about the cookies used on and through our website and for what purposes.
This cookie statement applies to all websites by InnoMedia and has been drafted in collaboration with members of the industry and OPTA. As a result, the explanation about cookies on the industry members' websites is essentially similar. Nevertheless, since the texts have been modified to the actual usage of cookies, not all websites will be able to depict the exact same text.
Your current cookie setting
Cookies that ensure the website can function properly
- Remembering products you've added to your shopping cart when shopping online
- Remembering information you fill in on various pages when paying or ordering, so you do not have to fill in your data anew all the time
- Passing on information from one page to the next, e.g., when completing a long survey or if you havea to fill in a great deal of data when ordering online
- Saving preferences, such as the language, location, the desired number of search results to be shown, etc.
- Saving settings for, e.g., the best video reproduction possible, the desired buffer size and your screen's resolution data
- Reading your browser settings so that your screen will reproduce our website in the best possible way
- Detecting abuse of our website and services, e.g., by registering a number of successive, failed login attempts
- Evenly spreading the load on the website, so that the website remains accessible at all times
- Offering the option to save login data so that you will not have to enter them anew all the time
- Providing the possibility to react to our website
Cookies through which we can measure the website's use
The information thus gathered is used for statistics. These statistics provide us with insight into how frequently our webpage is visited, where exactly visitors spend most of their time, etc. This enables us to draft the website's structure, navigation and the contents as user friendly as possible for you. We will never trace any statistics to individuals.
- Recording the number of visitors of our webpages
- Recording the time each visitor spends while visiting our webpages
- Setting the order in which a visitor visits the various pages of our website
- Assessing which parts of our site need adaptation
- Optimising the website
With regard to the cookies that our third parties install and any data they thereby collect, please refer to the statements that these parties have published on their own websites. Beware that these statements may regularly change. InnoMedia has no influence in this respect.
Cookies to share the contents of our website through social media
By using buttons, you can share the articles and videos you watch on our website through social media. These buttons are controlled by social media cookies that are installed by the social media parties, so they are able to recognise you when you would like to share articles or videos.
These cookies enable:
- logged-in users of selected social media to instantly share content that is available on our website
With regard to the cookies that the social media parties install and any data they thereby collect, please refer to the statements that these parties have published on their own websites. Beware that these statements may regularly change. InnoMedia has no influence in this respect.
Cookies that make it possible to show advertisements
Our website shows you advertisements. These advertisements are a necessary source of income that we use in order to be able to finance our website.
Using the cookies, we can:
- record which advertisements you have already seen, to prevent you from seeing the same advertisement again and again
- record how many visitors have clicked the advertisement with respect to the payment transaction that needs to be made with the advertiser
- record how many orders are made through the advertisement for the payment transaction with the advertiser
With regard to the cookies that our third parties place for advertising purposes, please refer to the statements that these parties have published on their own websites. Beware that these statements may change regularly. InnoMedia has no influence in this respect.
- Commission Junction
- Google (DoubleClick)
Cookies for profile-related content of a webpage
We aim to provide visitors of our website with the most relevant information possible. This is why we try to adapt our site to each visitor's preferences as much as we can. We not only customise the content of our website for this purpose, but also the advertisements that are shown.
We try to form a picture of your likely interests based on the websites you visit on the Internet, without building a detailed personal profile. This allows us to make said adaptations. We then use these interests to adapt the contents and the advertisements on our website to different client groups. This may involve examining your earlier visits and including them in a certain category, such as ’men aged 30 to 45 years, married and with children, who are interested in football’. This group will then obviously be shown different advertisements than ’women, aged 20 to 30 years, not married and interested in travelling’.
Third parties that place cookies through our website can use this method to try and determine your interests too. The information about your current website visits may then be combined with information about earlier visits to other websites than ours.
Not using such cookies will not mean, however, that our site will no longer show advertisements. It's just that the advertisements will then no longer be tailored to your interests.
- We would like you to watch interesting and relevant advertisements. This is why the cookies used register the websites you visit, so your interests can be assessed.
- Since we wish to know whether the advertisements shown are interesting to you, we can check whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
- We pass information about the websites you have visited earlier on to other websites, as a result of which advertisements may be more interesting to you.
- We use the services of third parties so we can show you the most interesting advertisements.
- You can likewise be shown more interesting advertisements on the basis of your social media profile.
With regard to the cookies that our third parties place, please refer to the statements that these parties have published on their own websites. Beware that these statements may change regularly. InnoMedia has no influence in this respect.
Other / unforeseen cookies
Considering the way the Internet and websites work, we do not always have insight into the cookies that are being placed by third parties through our website. This particularly applies to cases where our webpage contains so-called embedded elements: texts, documents, pictures or short films that are stored at another party, but are shown on, in, or through our website.
Therefore, should you come across any such cookies on this website that we have not listed above, please let us know. Or directly contact the related third party and inquire about what cookies they place, their reason for doing so, the cookie's life span, and how they have guaranteed your privacy.
If you do not want websites to place cookies on your computer at all, you can adapt your browser settings as such that you will be notified before any cookie is placed. You can likewise adapt the settings as such so that your browser refuses all cookies, or only the third party cookies. Likewise, you can remove any of your cookies that have already been placed. Please note that you will have to separately adapt the settings for each browser and computer you use.
Please be aware that if you do not want cookies, we can no longer guarantee our website to function properly. Some functions of the site may be lost, while you may no longer be able to see certain websites. What's more, refusing cookies will not mean you will no longer see any advertisements. It's just that the advertisements will then no longer be tailored to your interests and will be repeated more often.
Each browser has a different method to adapt the settings. If necessary, consult your browser's ’help’ function. If you wish to disconnect cookies of specific parties, you can do this through www.youronlinechoices.eu.
List of websites by InnoMedia
- GigaGunstig.nl / GigaPromo (several international extensions)
- iZito (several international extensions)
- ZapMeta (several international extensions)
We might have to adapt these statements from time to time, which may be due to changes in our website or regulationson cookies. We are allowed to change the contents of the statements and the cookies listed at all times and without prior warning. You can consult this webpage for the latest version.
Should you still have questions and/or remarks, please contact us.
Modified on March 18, 2015